A bubbler pipe has no major difference from a bong, for it has a mouthpiece, a bowl, a stem, and a water chamber.
Bubbler pipes also feature a percolator, a sub-chamber for cooling and filtering smoke, which enables the smoker to enjoy smooth hits.
If you are inexperienced with bongs, you may want to begin with bubbler pipes, as they create smooth hits that won’t have you coughing.
Considering their portability and ease of use, it’s obvious to see why bubbler pipes are popping.
For top-quality bubbler pipes, place your order from an established seller. But if money is tight or you just want to create for the hell of it, you may improvise a bubbler pipe at home.
Things You’ll Need
First, realize that piecing together a device from basic materials doesn’t have the same outcome as a similar product made in a factory by professionals.
The more creative you are the better materials you can find.
These are the things you require to create a bubbler pipe at home:
- A marker
- A utility knife
- A fine-toothed saw
- Nontoxic sealant
- Stainless steel straw
- Dismantled earpiece
- Metal socket
- Pill container
Assembling the Bubbler Pipe
- Using the utility knife, make a hole on the cap of the pill container, but ensure the hole is a few sizes smaller so that the straw fits in snugly.
- Put the straw in the hole and push it down to within a few millimeters from the bottom of the container.
- Mark the straw at the point it meets the container cap and then saw it off.
- Connect a metal socket to the straw and seal it, so the socket should be sitting atop the bottle.
- Position the metal screen inside the socket.
- With your utility knife, cut a hole on the side of the container, still making sure the hole is on the smaller side so that the straw fits snugly.
- Push the straw via that hole and apply some sealant to reinforce the tightness.
- If the straw is longish then cut it down to your preferred size.
- Put a tiny puncture in your pipe to act as your carb hole.
How the Homemade Bubbler Pipe Works
Once you have created a bubbler pipe with basic materials, now it’s time to see whether it can deliver smooth hits.
- Pour water in the bottle (via the carb hole) until it’s halfway full.
- Put marijuana flower in the socket and spark it.
- Draw the cool smoke via the mouthpiece.
Benefits of Using a Bubbler
Cannabis enthusiasts agree that bubbler pipes spice it up, so you get to enjoy every instant of the smoking session.
With the smoke passing through water, it comes out on the other end, filtered, cool, and tastier than what you get with a dry pipe.
If you are new to smoking the herb, you may want to start with bubbler pipes, since the smoke they deliver is smooth and watered-down.
At a party, nothing makes it lit more than having your homies take turns on the bubbler pipe.
How to Clean Your Bong
There are several reasons why we need to clean our water pipes:
- Eliminates resin clogs thus maximizing smoke output and conserving herb
- Makes for tastier, smooth hits
- For health and safety reasons
Admittedly, it’s easier to clean a bong than a bubbler, because a bong can be easily taken apart whereas a bubbler is one solid piece.
Some of the supplies you’ll need to clean a bubbler include isopropyl alcohol, water, pipe cleaners, salt, and rubber bands.
- Prepare your cleaning solution by mixing the agents in a container
- Soak the bubbler in the cleaning solution for at least 30 minutes
- Rinse the bubbler
- Use pipe cleaners to clean those hard-to-reach parts of a bubbler
- Rinse again
Customizing Your Bubbler Pipe
Bubblers are not as flexible as bongs when it comes to customizing, but you can still deck the surface with art and other designs that you like.